Our FALIT™ (pronounced “F-A-Light”) was specifically designed with the Semiconductor Failure Analysis Lab in mind. The FALIT™ incorporates a patented laser etching process with multiple laser configurations and wavelengths to provide clear and precise test samples for every type of semiconductor failure analysis application. The FALIT™ allows a faster and more accurate method for Failure Analysis semiconductor processing. Our patented semiconductor decapsulation etching technology provides clean, accurate laser IC Decapsulation, and more.
- • Ideal Solution for IC Decapsulation, Gel Removal, Cross-Sectioning, and Delidding Components.
- • Cleanly remove mold compound using laser technology rather than the traditional unsafe Acid process.
- • Expose Wire Bonds without Damage to other components.
- • Air-cooled (except for the optional UV laser).
- • Integrated safety shutter to avoid potential beam exposure.
- • FALIT™ Laser Software interface included. Fully featured, GUI for Failure Analysis.
The FALIT™ systems provide Decapsulation (etching) and Cross-sectioning of semiconductors for failure analysis labs. CLC IC laser etching systems are used in many semiconductor failure analysis labs to remove mold compound, de-lid semiconductor hermetically-sealed cases, remove various gels, and cross-section ICs for further inspection. Our patented process has been refined over the 10-plus years since it’s existence.
For decapsulation, you will want to look at our latest technology, the Digital ICO™ laser. This specialized laser source is the key to uncovering mold compound all the way to the die in some cases. Digital ICO™: Gets you closer. The FALIT™ can import images from a variety of test imaging process Such C-SAM, SEM, SAM and even X-RAY to show the exact location Where ablation of the EMC is required for further forensic processing.
Code of the Federal Regulations, sub-chapter J, (21 CFR), and the European standard EN 60825:1992
PATENTED LASER TECHNOLGY
Decapsulation (Decap) is a process that most Failure Analysis labs use on a routine basis. The FALIT™ uses our patented laser technology to allow an operator to remove mold compound all the way through the lead frames to the substrate. The entire process is 100% controllable by the operator through our Graphic User Interface. The FALIT™ laser can accurately remove the entire compound, individual layers or sections of the mold compound (operator defined). The FALIT™ offers a safe and more accurate process for IC decapsulation.
Programmable Gas Assist comes standard to enhance the lasers capabilities while processing. Additional standard features include a camera system with external monitor cross hair generator, and process viewing for part alignment. An optional vision system can provide image recognition for part alignment or hole inspection.
Large Filler Mold Compounds for Copper
Our Digital ICO™ (IC Optimized) laser was specifically developed for removing the newer mold compounds associated with gold, copper, palladium, aluminum, and silver alloy bond wires. This compound typically has larger fillers and more filler material making it difficult even for traditional laser decapping. The greater laser power required to remove this new compound can sometimes damage very small wires or leave excess compound around the wires. Our new proprietary laser technology totally eliminates this problem and can even enhance results on traditional mold compounds.
The FA Cube™ was specifically designed with the semiconductor failure analysis and forensics Labs in mind. Our compact laser semiconductor decapsulation system provides clean and accurate laser IC Decapsulation with reliable results. The FA Cube™ incorporates the same patented process as our FALIT™ series. This patented laser process uses multiple laser configurations to provide clear and precise test samples for nearly every type of semiconductor failure analysis and forensic application.
- • Ideal Solution for IC Decapsulation and removing large filler mold compounds for copper.
- • Cleanly remove mold compound using laser technology rather than the traditional unsafe acid process.
- • Expose Wire Bonds without damage to other components.
- • Fixed Co-Axial Optical Camera Lens (options available).
- • Optional X-Y stage table and Self-Centering Fixture.
- • Easy sliding door with large viewing window and internal workspace.
- • Compact Motorized Z-Axis for accuracy (optional).
- • FALIT™ Light Laser Software interface included. Basic GUI for Failure Analysis.
Our essential FA Cube intuitive software allows the decapsulation of IC components for bond and die inspection. Aside from the standard software features, we offer a variety of modules and tools to extend the abilities of the machine per request.
Optional Software Tools:
- • Gasket Module
- • Polygon tools / Ortho Mode
- • Surround Mode
- • Text Mode
- • Image Import
- • Template Creation
- • Recipe Manager